Saturday, December 10, 2011

I'm back in the saddle again

Yeeeehaw!  After more than a month without my sewing machine, I've finally got it back and am sewing again.  Hallelujah!  With several Christmas gifts depending on me having my sewing machine, I was starting to worry that I wouldn't have presents for certain people.  So far, in the 24 hours I've had it back, I finished one of the appliqued pillows that will go with the quilt for my grandmother, along with the top of a table runner for my mother.  The pressure is on to get the table runner done because my mom is having a Christmas party on Saturday and she wants to use it.



The completed top of the table runner.  I used 5" charm squares from the Moda "Fruitcake" line, cut in half.  I'm going to stitch in the ditch on the center rectangles, and do something decorative on the outer rows/columns.  It's about 46" long and 16" wide.  My mom has a very long rectangle table, so it should fill it in nicely.



The backing fabric for the table runner, also from the Moda "Fruitcake" line.  I don't normally use such strong patterns on the backing, but I thought this way, Mom can use either side of the runner.  It's reversible!




The finished pillow that coordinated with Grandma's lap quilt.  With all of the downtime I had on my hands, I was able to do everything but the applique and actual sewing together of the pieces of the sham.  It took me about an hour or so to finish it up tonight.  Finally, something I can check off my list!


I guess I should get back to work.  I've got a lot of missed time to make up!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is the pillow at the bottom. You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete