Monday, September 19, 2011

Where, oh where, has my quilting mojo gone?

I just re-read my last entry and realized that I've accomplished pretty much nothing since Labor Day.  Well...that's not exactly true, but it certainly feels like I've accomplished nothing.  My latest project is a rag quilt made from some really cute flannel I got from the clearance rack.  (Is there any better price than half-off the clearance tag price?  Other than free, that is.  I don't think so!)  Because this is my first rag quilt, I had no clue how insanely time-consuming and painful it would be to make all of the little clips in the seams.  So, coupon in hand, I headed to my favorite place in the world, Joann Fabric, to buy a pair of snips.  When I got there, I discovered the most amazing thing:  they actually make a pair of scissors specifically for rag quilts!  Of course, I had to buy them, and let me just say:  they were worth it.


Fiskars, my thumb and I thank you heartily.


So at this point, I have 6/9 rows done on my quilt.  It's a really easy project.  I've just been busy with the start of school and overnight guests to be able to devote any time to it.  But I have gotten a good bit done.


Simple patterns make my life so much easier!


Here's a close up of the snipped seams.  It's very weird to have them exposed this way, but I like that this quilt is so forgiving of mis-calculations and cutting errors!


I can't wait to see how it looks after it's been washed.


I really need to get moving on the wedding quilt I'm making my sister-in-law and her husband-to-be.  Their wedding is only 26 days away and I have a ton of work left to do!

Better get to quilting ASAP!


2 comments: